• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Alicia

Carmen

Carmen Butler, CPC
I am having a hard time determining when immunizations are coded with preventive service.

eg.

An 15-month-old stablished patient receives a DT that is administered intramuscularly by the physician, after the physician counseled the parents on the vaccine

My answer

99392-25

Not sure if 99392-25 should be included since the scenario does not specified preventive service.

Help!

Carmen

Meg

If the above is the full note, then 99392 would not hold up to an audit. The only thing that you could code for would be the administration and the DT. Hope this helps.

Carmen

Carmen Butler, CPC
If the above is the full note, then 99392 would not hold up to an audit. The only thing that you could code for would be the administration and the DT. Hope this helps.

Thank you Meg for your help.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hi Carmen,
I saw your reply you posted yesterday via my phone and today I wanted to reply back to you on it but I don't see it here. It's a mystery! Anyway, thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words! I greatly appreciate it! I just wish I would have known about Laureen and her program and even the AAPC before last June! I'm thinking all of this would have been a lot easier (or at least not as overwhelming). But I'm going to do my best to learn and absorb all that I can starting right now :)