• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Anesthesia

Linda

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Any one know off hand the anesthesia code for gallbladder removal thanks Linda

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Linda, I will try to help you with your question about the anesthesia code for gallbladder removal. I went on Google and did a search on "anesthesia code for gallbladder removal" and the result I found for the code is 00790. I hope that I helped you with your question.

In January 2013 webinar, Laureen showed us how to do a search for codes using Google, AAPC, Encoders, CMS.gov, CCO forum, Drugs.com, and WebMD. If you are a member of Webinar Replay, you can watch the webinar.

Linda

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thanks Carolyn I am a member haven't watched it yet but did watch that one the night she did it. I did google I must not have worded it right. I trialed supercoder for a week I liked it, but for the exam I need to work with the book as much as I can. I am working on the m/s section of surgeries in the CPT book. Was doing some practice test it was asking for the anesthesia code. The class I'm taking hadnt covered it. Looks like we have a few sections to work on our own.Sure glad I got laureens blitz. So I watched that tonight too. Was looking for common surgiers to mark in the box. An that one came to mind then couldnt find it. 00790 was my second guess. Fun things to do on a Saturday night. LOL when I first started doing CPT for ER at work sure couldn't just google them. But I will do it when I can't think of anything else to do to find the answer. I need to get faster with the book,for the exam. When you get into coding they have nice encoders to use I don't think they touch the books any more. The bigger the hospital the nicer system they have. Well thanks for the help. Have a great weekend. Linda :)))

Dorothy

Can u use the Anesthesia Crosswalk book this is what we use for our office also they have a good app for this but doubt u can use it for the test but it will covert the cpt to asa for u and give u an estimated length of time the case should take

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Dororthy,

No you can't use the Anesthesia crosswalk. Only CPT, ICD and HCPCS. Their are 150 questions on the exam so you have approximately 2.25 minutes per question.

Happy studying!