• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Carol Buck Book

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
There is a book or product by Carol Buck called Online Internship for Medical Coding that comes out every year. This year is the 2013 Edition. It comes with a User Guide and Access Code. Has anyone ever use this? If so, what your thoughts about it?

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I used it at the college. It is hard. That is not a bad thing. Excellent practice. I am not sure how beneficial it would be for everyone. There are several specialty sections so say you want to work for a cardiologist you can do that section, print out your score as well as cases you have coded and show the employer your experience in that field. It also is set up like a virtual office which is excellent. If you wondered what it was like to code in a doctors office and the programs they would use to put in your codes etc. this would help. Keep in mind these are NOT all easy cases. Some of them kicked my butt. The rationale is extremely good.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I used it at the college. It is hard. That is not a bad thing. Excellent practice. I am not sure how beneficial it would be for everyone. There are several specialty sections so say you want to work for a cardiologist you can do that section, print out your score as well as cases you have coded and show the employer your experience in that field. It also is set up like a virtual office which is excellent. If you wondered what it was like to code in a doctors office and the programs they would use to put in your codes etc. this would help. Keep in mind these are NOT all easy cases. Some of them kicked my butt. The rationale is extremely good.
I am interested in learning more about two specialties: radiation oncology and chemotherapy. Do you have any suggestions for me?