• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Coding student here! Need advice!

Samantha

Medical Coding Student
Hello! I am currently in school for medical coding and would love advice on what to expect for the CPC exam and what I should really be concentrating on. I will be eligible to sit for the exam in the beginning of October and it seems like as soon as I get certified, Ill have to recert for ICD10! Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Glad to hear you have joined us in the coding world. We are a fun lot.

It is an unusual time I agree to be testing but it will pay off. You will need to know ICD-9 for a long time. After you are certified as a CPC you will have a long time to take the ICD-10 exam. It is going to be on-line and will not be proctored. Laureen is going to a bootcamp this next week for ICD-10 instructors and will be taking the exam in fact. I will go to the same the first of July.

Laureen is going to have a lot of feedback to share on ICD-10 when she returns. Again, in some ways you are doing this at an ideal time.
If I were to give you any advice I would say take a practice exam. If you don't make an 80 or 85% then you need to practice more and look into a help like the Blitz to improve your testing skills. Here is a link for you if you need to look for practice exams.
Practice Exam Special

We will be right here to help you along and cheer you on. ;)