• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Cover Letter for Cold Calling

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
any and all opinions/advice/suggestions regarding cover letter writing needed asap.....

specifically--I need suggestions on how I would address the "Re" line in my cover letter when I am sending via cold calling. I don't won't to write anything too specific, (i.e. "Position in Medical Billing and Coding") so as to eliminate myself from any entry level position a medical facility may have available.
So what I'm asking is how does one word the Re line to cover a multitude of entry level positions?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions!!!!!:)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I would put "RE: Medical Office Position." Your resume should have your skills listed. You should also put "Atttn: Employment Manager" under your heading. If it is a big medical practice or a facility, the person at the desk will know who is getting the resume.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thank you, Carolyn! Good suggestions!

Another question that keeps coming up--what do we put on applications where they ask for rate of pay desired and you don't know what they're offering?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I never know what to put for the rate of desired pay on applications. I just put "neg" for negotiable and let the employer tells me what the starting pay of the position and, if I think that it is a fair pay for the job duties, I usually agree to it. Then, other times, the employer throws the question right back at me after explaining the job duties and I'll say $11 per hour or negotiable.

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
On applications I have done for a nursing job, for rate of pay desired, I usually put "will discuss at interview," unless it will only take a numerical figure. In that case, I enter a figure close to my last job.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thank you, kayal, for the suggestion of what to put for the rate of pay desired.