• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Cpt A9500 - Billing Medicare

Laura Villa

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new to Cardio billing and I need help figuring out how to bill Medicare of Louisiana for cpt A9500. Most of the time the doctor does the nuclear stress test in the office and he is getting paid for most of the codes used (93018, 78452, J code) but the only one getting denied is the A9500 cardio lite code.

Am I supposed to be adding something to the claim in order to get this code paid as well? Is there a modifier I can use with this code?

Someone please help!!!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
What's the J code? And what is the place of service?

It could be the hospital is getting reimbursed for the A9500 separately

Last edited:

Laura Villa

Hello,

Well sometimes the doctor does the test in a hospital outpatient setting, which would mean that the hospital gets reimbursed for the A9500 code, but he also performs the test in the office.

I believe its the J1250. Medicare has denied the A9500 for the CO-45 reason code so I'm not sure if there is something else I need to be puttin on my claim for this code to get paid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
Someone was asking about similar HCPCS code on the AAPC forums today and mentioned major CCI updates eff 10/1/15. It appears Radiopharmaceutical agents are now bundled into the procedure. CCI shows no modifiers allowed. Although this combo is not coming up as bundled.