• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A FQHC Billing

Can you give detail on what type of training is required for FHQC billing, like what the qualifications are, type of computer experience (ie, data entry, etc)

barbc

Blitzer
Hi there...I have actually been working at an FQHC for 3 years...the nonprofit world is COMPLETELY different than forprofit..I had previously worked for a major hospital as a coder...like all nonprofits they are short for cash...that means you are likely to find antiquated technology AND salaries. ...in my situation we are the billing dept. responsible for 7 satellite clinics...if I were to think of anything that would be helpful regarding "training" I would suggest becoming very familiar with Medicare and Medicaid. ..and all of the Expansion (MCO's) programs in your state..where I live that means Passport,HumanaCaresource,Coventry cares and Wellcare of Kentucky. ..Keep in mind all of those programs use different modifiers and state run programs...if you would like to contact me privately I will send you my email...

Thanks for your reply....There is a company where I live that specializes in FHQC billing and I know they way need good computer skills. I know word and excel but have some data entry from long ago. I appreciate your response and if you want to send me your email, that would be great. I will check into the MCOs in my area (Daytona Beach FL)