• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

I passed my final examination in my medical coding class

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I passed my final examination in my medical coding class that I took with AAPC. Now I am studying for my CPC exam in July and I am starting to studying using the blitz videos I won in December from the drawing by attending the webinar. I am going to try and post more often here.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
That is great news. So glad you are going to post here. We look forward to following you on the journey. That and doing the happy dance when you pass in July.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Thanks Alicia. It took me longer than expected to complete the course but I finished. I am so excited to post more here. Alicia, I will definitely be doing the happy dance for sure. My hubby told me he is going to take me to my favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate. No pressure. I started yesterday reading the introduction in my CPT book for 2013. I already started putting tabs. Will be listening and watching my blitz video this weekend and start to highlight and bubble.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Best wishes Nevergiveup!

Mary Shorey

Hello,

I have a similar question. I just finished my final exam for medical coding and billing. I didn't pass with honors, but I did pass. They are asking me to retake the final to see if I can score for high honors, because employers will look at high honor students first? How true is this? I'm asking because I'm hesitating on retaking it because time on this program is running out and I really can't afford to pay again just to take the final. I really don't mind taking it again but I was hoping to start looking for employment and save up money to take the CPC Exam.

One more thing, Thanks Laureen for all your help!! I am working on the 150 questions I ordered, and it's really helping me learn things I didn't know. Thanks Again!!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Mary Shorey, I graduated with honors in 2006 and I am still unemployed. I don't think employers will look at high honor students first. I think that employers will look at who is the best fit for the job and will interview those they are interested in about the job. I went on those interviews and the employers hire someone who had more experience. Just keep on studying for your CPC exam and keep on applying for jobs even it says experience. On the webinar tonight, I learned that it is not the experience that matters, but it is the proficiency of your coding skills. So to answer your question, I would not worry about retaking your exam. You passed your final exam and that is what counts. If you feel like you need to take your exam over to get a better score, then go for it.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I would not worry about the final at your school. It is not something the employer will look at. However, when you pass the CPC exam that is HUGE. It is what the employer wants. To be honest the final or the certification that is given at a career college does not hold much weight with an employer. If they offer to pay for a certification for you like the NRCCS that is nice to have as it shows you are on your way but the CPC is what they want. Hope this helps.

If you have time however and it does not cost you anything take it again!

So glad the practice exam is helping you. That will prep you for the CPC.

Mary Shorey

Thanks to Carolyn and Alicia your response is helpful. I feel the same way, I believe if you pass the CPC that is Huge to a employer and to me that's what counts the most!! Thanks again.