• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

ICD ICD-10 for Laparoscopic Converted to Open Procedure

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
according to the GEMS files there is no mapping for this code from I9 to I10. Maybe WHO doesn't think its an important status to keep track of?

DiCamille

Thanks for your thoughts, Paul!

I had not found it in the GEMs reference of Find-A-Code either. Was just wondering if someone had encountered something along the way.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I googled ICD-10 for Laparoscopic Converted to Open Procedure and found a discussion in the AAPC forum where someone asked the very same question in October 2015. According to the discussion, there is no ICD-10 code for laparoscopic converted to open procedure. However, there may be one in the future, but for right now no code for it.

DiCamille

I googled ICD-10 for Laparoscopic Converted to Open Procedure and found a discussion in the AAPC forum where someone asked the very same question in October 2015. According to the discussion, there is no ICD-10 code for laparoscopic converted to open procedure. However, there may be one in the future, but for right now no code for it.

A belated thanks for your reply, Carolyn. Glad I wasn't overlooking something.