• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

List for CCS resources

Linda Charlwood

PASSED CCS/Got the job!/wrk frm hme/PUP all day!
Blitzer
Hi!

Can you post the list for the CCS resources you spoke about in the Webinar tonight? Thanks so much!!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It should be up soon. I think Laureen is working on it now and will post it on the forum soon. Let us know if there other things you would like. We will do our best to get resources out there to share.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
You can get these books at Barnes & Noble. You have to order online. If you have a Barnes & Noble membership, you get 10% off the original price. That is where I buy all my books for study and general reading.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I have a question regarding the CCS-P credential. Can you work in a hospital with a CCS-P credential? Thanks!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It really depends on the employer. But they will most like prefer the CCS-P over a CPC. The "P" stands for physician based so it will not carry as much weight as the CCS.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
A quick Google search for "CCS-P hospital jobs" brought up a few hits. I think it depends on the hospital and whether they provide clinic type services. I encourage you to search jobs in your area and see if it is frequently listed on job requirements. AHIMA's website states that CCS-Ps are coding practitioners who specialize in physician-based setting such as physician offices, group practices, multi-specialty clinics, or specialty centers. The CCS is more closely aligned with hospitals, however, and probably would be a better fit for landing a job in a hospital setting.