• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Medisoft Program

Sparky

I just finished installing Medisoft on my computer last night with the help of tech support. I had to make sure the software was compatible to Windows 8.

This is the last portion of my studies and can't wait to use this system. I am amazed on what you can actually do with EHRs. I will keep you posted as I continue on my journey down the "Yellow brick road to completion.";)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
What is Medisoft and how did you get it? How much does it cost? Is it similar to an encoder like Supercoder or FindACode? Sorry for the many questions, but I have never heard of this program.

Sparky

Carolyn, Medisoft is a practice management program for Electronic Medical Records. I received a disc from my study program to download onto my computer for homework and exams. Instead of having a paper trail, some to most physician's offices are using this program. Others continue to use paper trail but use the program to a certain extent.

The program contains, fields to enter patient information, scheduling appointments, entering codes, insurance information, physician list, referring physicians list, billing, reports. I will be doing homework on it over the weekend. Will keep you posted.

I don't know the cost. I imagine it's not cheap:).

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
We taught Medisoft at the college. It has some quirks but is a good program. I am partial to ....oh dear, the name escapes me at the moment. Brain fart.....shoot I really can' t remember it. STay tuned. I will remember around mid-night I am sure and post it. :mad:

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Aw, Meckisson!!!!! :confused:

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
At least it wasn't midnight huh lol.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
When I was in school, I learned a similar medical software program called Medical Manager, but we had to learn it during class. The school would not let us put it on our home computers. The program was not even updated to a newer version and it caused a lot of problems, but somehow we got through it. I guess that once you learned one medical software program, you can easily slip into a different one.

Sparky

Yes, Carolyn you are correct. Once you learn one program you can pretty much learn the other programs out there. The only thing that maybe different are your shortcuts or the format maybe slightly different but they all run the same. Just like riding a bicycle.:)

Sparky

Just a quick update, I am down to my last six exams and may finish this course by end of April (way ahead of schedule on original grad date of September). Woo Hoo!!! I also received a 98% grade on a research paper on companies that hire coders. Still waiting on that phone call for a job in medical but I will definitely be on track with studying for my certification. Have a Great Day!:)

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks for the update. Love knowing what is happening with everyone. Especially good news.

Keep it positive you all.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Aw, Meckisson!!!!! :confused:
Hi Alicia,
Have you ever worked with Intelicode? The company I work for just installed it on my laptop and although I have watched all 22 tutorials, and am on page 61 of their 160 page on-line manual it seems very complicated. Your thoughts?

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
That one is new to me. I can ask around and see if any of the other remote coders I work with know that one. Also we should check with Laureen. I think she is more savvy on these. I am pretty new to anything other then by hand. Even though we taught different programs at the college I don't think they were the latest. There are some awesome ones out there.

Sparky

I finished my studies as planned, earlier than set date of September 2013. Just received my final exam grade and I passed overall with a 92 average ("A"). I will be check back when I can, I am working two jobs (NOT ASSOCIATED WITH CODING or MEDICAL), hey a job is a job, pay bills and helps with getting the materials needed to continue my journey with "Coding" and relocating to another state, things will be crazy the next few months. Wishing everyone the best in their future endeavors.

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Congrats! And a job is a job. Good luck with your move. Enjoy the rest of you journey whatever it may be.:)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Sparky, congratulations on finishing your studies. The challenging part is getting ready to take your certification exam. Good luck on your move. I hope that you will find a coding position in your new state.

Sparky

Thank you Lori and Carolyn. I have been in touch with the local chapter in the state I will be moving to, they have been real helpful. My husband and I are looking forward to this new journey, I will stay in touch when I can. Thanks again!:)