• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Modifier of Transportation using HCPCS II

CCO-support

Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
Hi Kelly,
I really enjoyed the seminar from both experts (neuroscience and bones are coding and coding for labor delivery very educational) . I thought they were very knowledgeable.

I have one “silly” question to them: it is about the modifier of transportation using HCPCS II.

AS we know we have P, H, S, N modifier for different facilities.

Let’s assume, a patient is picked up from an accident (not from any facility) and transported to hospital. What modifier do we have to use? (_H?)

If s/he is picked up from physician office to hospital , we use PH (right?)

Thank you

Philip

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
S - scene of accident or acute event
H - Hospital
P - Physician's office

A patient is picked up from an accident (not from any facility) and transported to hospital. What modifier do we have to use? Answer: SH

You are right about physician office to hospital , use PH.

All the transportation services modifiers are shown in the HCPCS manual in the Transportation Services Including Ambulance section (A0021-A0990).

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
There was more mentioned about the 2015 HCPCS Ambulance Modifiers during the January 2015 Q&A Webinar. Unfortunately, for those of you who have 2015 HCPCS books from AAPC, these codes were omitted by error. Oops! The suggestion is to copy them in to your book if you need them for the CPC Exam. AAPC said they would provide an errata sheet for this, but I have not seen one as of yet. If you have, can you please let the forum users know how to get it by posting a reply? Thanks!