• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Need Advice Please!!!

Dobylady

Blitzer
I work in a Pediatric office and our Dr is constantly getting hit with patients that come in for a well visit and then want her (our Dr) to address a cough, sneezing, congestion, ear infections on top of the well visit. Our Dr only will file the well visit as she was told that the carriers will only consider the cheapest procedure, so she wont even file these issues she addresses in the office. What can I do to help her get reimbursed for all this extra help she is giving during a well visit? I welcome any advice. Thank you so much.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Off the top of my head if you let your doc know that if she fills out more information that you have codes to cover the extra services she is providing. This is very common and she is not alone. Remind her you are her coder and it is your job to make sure she is properly reimbursed for the services she is providing. Without the documentation though your hands are tide. You might have to go so far as to say, "You tied my hands and cut my feet off." Give her something funny to remember so when she is in the exam room she remembers you and notes everything. :)

Dobylady

Blitzer
Wow...I would love to subscribe to SUPER CODER...but for 49.95 a month I will need to wait. Its looks soooo cool and so helpful!!:( Im sad.....cant have everything .........;)

Dobylady

Blitzer
Off the top of my head if you let your doc know that if she fills out more information that you have codes to cover the extra services she is providing. This is very common and she is not alone. Remind her you are her coder and it is your job to make sure she is properly reimbursed for the services she is providing. Without the documentation though your hands are tide. You might have to go so far as to say, "You tied my hands and cut my feet off." Give her something funny to remember so when she is in the exam room she remembers you and notes everything. :)
............THANK YOU, ALICIA...your the best. I work for the BEST DR EVER, and want her to get reimbursed for all she does, as she goes above and beyond for soooooo many others!!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
There is a discount if you use a CCO code. Off the top of my head I can't remember what it is though. Laureen or Sylvia will pop in today I am sure or I will get back with you later. TAx write off!!!!! Will your employer do it for you?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Here is an article from AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) that I happened to have read recently. It may be of interest to you.
Modifier 25 Primer: Use It, Don’t Abuse It! by
Richard Tuck, MD, FAAP Member, Committee on Coding and Nomenclature

Dobylady

Blitzer
Here is an article from AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) that I happened to have read recently. It may be of interest to you.
Modifier 25 Primer: Use It, Don’t Abuse It! by
Richard Tuck, MD, FAAP Member, Committee on Coding and Nomenclature
.....Thank you Ruth!!! I appreciate it more than you know....I LOVE THIS WEBSITE....i sound like a broken record...but i really do!!! :)

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
FastCoder is $25 per month and $199.95 per year. Will the CCO discount apply to both of these?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Currently, there is no CCO discount for Fastcoder.

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
my children's ped office will do a well visit when child is "WELL" if they come in for a other issue then it should be billed for the other issue/visit-- and well visit should be resceduled when child is "well"----Well visits are done around the birthday---I have a niece who had to rescheule "well" visits for a few months because she was sick on/off for a couple of months