• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

New CPMA Course

Debra Locke

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
I was so happy to hear about the new CPMA course Laureen! Thank you for adding a much needed course to what is available to your students.

You can count me in as soon as I sit for the CPC exam this Saturday hopefully. ;)

I had planned to just order the study guide and try to wing it so you can imagine how happy I was to see your email hit my in-box. Several of my co-workers recently attended an on-site training at our corporate office but it was condensed into only two days and I got the impression that it was really just an overview.

~Deb

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
What a nice note Deb! We're excited too. We're fortunate to have a great instructor in Tammy to help us all achieve our auditing credential and learn this valuable skill. All the while finding clients to provide this service too. It's all coming together like a nice puzzle.

Debra Locke

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
I am excited about it. I wish I had time to get my scores back so I could join. May when it offered next time. I will definitely be taking your program.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The great thing Debra is that this is an on-going course and you can join in any time you are ready. :)

TiffanyM

What a nice note Deb! We're excited too. We're fortunate to have a great instructor in Tammy to help us all achieve our auditing credential and learn this valuable skill. All the while finding clients to provide this service too. It's all coming together like a nice puzzle.
Hello Laureen and Alicia - starting in July will the course be full price and if so, will there be a payment plan? I am very interested as well. - thanks

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
For those of you considering the CPMA, and wondering how easy it will be to find CEUs for this credential, Alicia showed how to search for CEUs on the AAPC site during the September 2014 Q&A Webinar.

Here is the link to search for CEUs: https://www.aapc.com/medical-coding-education/index.aspx. You can enter a keyword, the specialty (CPMA , in this case), and location. Search for AAPC or AAPC approved vendors. So as Alicia said, it's easier than you think to find CEUs for your CPMA, or other AAPC credential.

If you missed the webinar, it is a great idea to sign up for the CCO Club. That way you will get access to the recording of the webinar, conveniently divided into video clips by topic. You also get the transcript, answer sheets, and a chance to earn a CEU for the webinar by passing a 10 question quiz. Not only that, but you can access all the available resources for past webinars, too, and find out useful tips like this one!