• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Radiology codes

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Can u explain radiology codes and when u use technical and professional components.

Thank you so much.
Anna

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
1. Professional: describes the services of the physician, including the supervision of the taking of the x-ray film and the interpretation with report of the x-ray films. 2.Technical: describes the service of the technologist, as well as the use of the equipment,film and other supplies. 3.Global: describes the combination of the professional and technical components. Ex: if a patient undergoes a radiology procedure in a clinic that owns its own equipment , employs its own technologist, and also employs the radiologist who supervises, interprets, and reports on the radiologic results, the global procedure is reported. But if the radiologist is reading and interpreting films that were taken at another facility, only the professional component would be reported for physician services.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Great job Lori. Also for our students the Modifier CEUs that you have access too also has some examples for -25. If you are not one of our students and get this free here is a link for you to check it out. Modifiers

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
I have this it is a fantastic resource!!!!!

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
So glad you like it Lori. It really does make modifiers easier to understand. Lets all give Laureen a golf clap for her hard work. {clap, clap, clap}

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks Alicia - I never heard that before - "a golf clap" but I can hear it thinking of my kids wiii game - lol

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I had a boss once who was a lot of fun that way. She used to say that in our meetings when we did something special. It is a small, quite clap with your hands up in the air. I had never heard of that before. Don't watch golf. Wonder if we can find a clip?

C

crank

Great job Lori. Also for our students the Modifier CEUs that you have access too also has some examples for -25. If you are not one of our students and get this free here is a link for you to check it out. Modifiers
Hello Alicia Scott,
For which type of codes, we need to apply modifiers. Please Suggest me.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
They are added to CPT codes. Those are codes that describe procedures done to the patient. Welcome to the forum.

C

crank

They are added to CPT codes. Those are codes that describe procedures done to the patient. Welcome to the forum.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing it. Can you please provide the resource that explains more about the modifiers?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The best place to become familiar CPT modifiers is the CPC manual Appendix A. (The CPC manual is needed for anyone studying medical coding.) In Appendix A each modifier is described.

Beyond that, another highly valuable resource to further your understanding of the CPT modifiers is available for free from CCO. GO to our main website's home page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the image for "FREE CODING TOOLS & DOWNLOADS". On that page, scroll down and click on the image for "Download your free Modifier's Job Aid Tool". There may be other free downloads on that page that will also be helpful to you.

Are you studying medical coding on your own? You can find lots of helpful information on www.cco.us! It will be worth your while to check it out. We have lots of free information, free webinars, and also courses that you can purchase. If you want to learn Medical Coding and prepare for certification and/or a job, taking for a Medical Coding course is a necessity, IMO.