• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Rain-Sweet Rain

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I know that if you don't live in West Texas you might not realize what a blessing rain is. We got several inches in the past 24 hours. There is a chance we will get more in the next 48.

Can you imagine living in an area where they have to truck in water? There are several towns out our way that already to this. San Angelo is getting ready to move to a level 3 drought stage. That means we can't wash our cars, ( no big deal you say) or the lawns. In turn car washes are shut down and landscapers loose work. It also means that if your usage is above a certain level you will be charged more. No watering of lawns and if you get caught you are fined. There is so much chemical in the city water because the table is so low that when you flush the toilet you want to gag. Try brushing your teeth in bleach. That is what it smells like.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining because I don't want to do that. Water is precious here. When we lived in Missouri we took that fresh artisan well water for granted. Rain is a cause for celebration and people have been sitting on their porches or with the garage doors open enjoying the site. Since it isn't cold it just feels wonderful.

Fall is here and that is my favorite time of the year. The smells, colors and feel of fall makes me happy. It is a time for soup, fuzzy socks, crochet afghans and a good books.

Sylvia Ann Wiegand

Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I am thankful for the rain and that all the flooding happened over the weekend and not during the week. One of the little towns about 35 miles away were under evacuation because of flooding in homes. I hope they are all doing safe.

We need a big ol slide from the middle east (where it's always raining) to here, so that all that water can fill our lakes again. ;)

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Or Sylvia they could pick up a big ole ice block from Alaska and drop it in the lake. :cool: That way we could have cold water to boot.