• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Typo in CPT

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It's prbably extremely rare t cme acrss a typ in the cding manuals, but I'm pretty sure I fund ne.

32604 parenthetical note reads: "For open pericardial bipsy, use 39010."

I'm sure it's t keep us n ur tes. :p

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Luna - you're a hoot!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Good for you, Luna. I find errors, too, occasionally.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Oh yeah, there are errors in everything in print. That is a funny one. You can contact the publisher and sometimes they will give you something for finding the error.

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Possibly another glitch is bubble 32440-32445. (AMA CPT 2013 Professional Edition)

You'll notice that 32440 starts out indented, and in even alignment with the remaining two bubble codes. The only reason I know this is its own bubble, and that 32440 should not be indented is that the code preceding it, 32405, lives in Excision/Resection and 32440 lives in Removal. Had this improper indentation happened within the same home (or "church") I might not have caught it and thus bubbled it incorrectly.

Another tip, is that it is capitalized, making it the beginning of a description. Indented codes are not capitalized because they are completing the description of the parent code. Another tip, is that it does contain a semi-colon, and that means that there should be at least one indented code following it. (In the majority of cases, but not always. eg. 32400 contains semi-colon but has no indented code following it. It is likely that 32402, now deleted, followed it as an indented code.)

One thing for sure, coding gets you paying attention to detail.