• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

We are moved

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Well everyone we are moved. The story is a crazy one but I will save it for another time because I am in the middle of my messages. I had 340 and am down to 109 so I am making real progress tonight.

After we left Texas and got to my husband's folks at 4:30 we took a nap until 9. Would have slept longer but a phone call woke us up. Seems they wanted that moving van back pretty bad. Then the next call was the police in San Angelo telling us our Piano had been stolen by neighbors who were renting next door. Since it was the church's piano we pressed charges, and after all the broke into the house via the locked slider and rolled it through the garage, down the drive way and the street right into their house in broad daylight. My neighbor across the street witnessed them do it and called the police. That resulted in several calls back and forth. My oldest son was driving his car with my #4 child and our dog Watson. They didn't make the right turn off and ended up in Rolla. Got turned around and ended up in Houston, MO which upset my #4 son because he thought they drove all the way back to Texas. Then his car broke down, twice. We traveled with two dogs and three cats, a Budget truck, Uhal, Toby's Camero on a trailer and my oldest driving a worn out firebird. Yes, it was quite an adventure. Everyone was with us except our oldest daughter who had left early with her finance, now husband as of the 3rd. We picked up my brother-in-law and his dog 3/4 of the way there.

Now we are in a two bedroom house with 3 cats, 3 dogs, 3 little boys, 3 adults and the dryer is not working. No trouble, I hung the cloths on the line but then it rained for two days. No trouble, my Mother just lives a hop, skip and a jump away. She has my #2 daughter staying with her. They love the idea! Of course, she doesn't have to do dishes there. :) My oldest son has his own house now and my #4 son things he is going to get to live with him and can't wait for him to start his new job so he can get a giant TV to play games on. What he doesn't know is that where the house is they can only get dial up. BIG :) Top everything off my husband forgot to take the Greek and Hebrew exam so will have to take the courses over. He actually just ran out of time.

The wedding was lovely. We are getting things unpacked. I have a great big office at my Mother's shop and will have internet at home soon. We purged to move and looks like we may purge again. It is amazing what you really don't need.

We are blessed by or family and many friends here. It has been fun seeing everyone.

I will leave you with a conversation that I had with my #5 child who is 8 and moved to TX when he was 2.
"What is that noise outside that is so loud?"
"Those are cicadas, they look sort of like a giant fly and hide in the trees.' What do you think of them?"
"They're just pretty annoying Mom!"

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Quite a story, Alicia! And I thought my week was hectic these past few days... LOL! Hope you get settled in soon and life returns to "normal" soon, whatever that is.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Interesting story about your moving adventure, Alicia! Hope everything returns to normal once you get settled.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Had to jump in and tell you all that it has rained for three days. The children are rather bummed. They didn't know it could do that. Our beds are not up yet but we have lovely mattresses and box springs so that is not so bad. I drove out to the farm last night to pick up the children from my Mother's. I drove with the windows down and it was wonderful, except for that short part where I passed the pig operation. After that it was wonderful again. ;) Cut grass smells lovely.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Well everyone we are moved. The story is a crazy one but I will save it for another time because I am in the middle of my messages. I had 340 and am down to 109 so I am making real progress tonight.

After we left Texas and got to my husband's folks at 4:30 we took a nap until 9. Would have slept longer but a phone call woke us up. Seems they wanted that moving van back pretty bad. Then the next call was the police in San Angelo telling us our Piano had been stolen by neighbors who were renting next door. Since it was the church's piano we pressed charges, and after all the broke into the house via the locked slider and rolled it through the garage, down the drive way and the street right into their house in broad daylight. My neighbor across the street witnessed them do it and called the police. That resulted in several calls back and forth. My oldest son was driving his car with my #4 child and our dog Watson. They didn't make the right turn off and ended up in Rolla. Got turned around and ended up in Houston, MO which upset my #4 son because he thought they drove all the way back to Texas. Then his car broke down, twice. We traveled with two dogs and three cats, a Budget truck, Uhal, Toby's Camero on a trailer and my oldest driving a worn out firebird. Yes, it was quite an adventure. Everyone was with us except our oldest daughter who had left early with her finance, now husband as of the 3rd. We picked up my brother-in-law and his dog 3/4 of the way there.

Now we are in a two bedroom house with 3 cats, 3 dogs, 3 little boys, 3 adults and the dryer is not working. No trouble, I hung the cloths on the line but then it rained for two days. No trouble, my Mother just lives a hop, skip and a jump away. She has my #2 daughter staying with her. They love the idea! Of course, she doesn't have to do dishes there. :) My oldest son has his own house now and my #4 son things he is going to get to live with him and can't wait for him to start his new job so he can get a giant TV to play games on. What he doesn't know is that where the house is they can only get dial up. BIG :) Top everything off my husband forgot to take the Greek and Hebrew exam so will have to take the courses over. He actually just ran out of time.

The wedding was lovely. We are getting things unpacked. I have a great big office at my Mother's shop and will have internet at home soon. We purged to move and looks like we may purge again. It is amazing what you really don't need.

We are blessed by or family and many friends here. It has been fun seeing everyone.

I will leave you with a conversation that I had with my #5 child who is 8 and moved to TX when he was 2.
"What is that noise outside that is so loud?"
"Those are cicadas, they look sort of like a giant fly and hide in the trees.' What do you think of them?"
"They're just pretty annoying Mom!"

Hey Alicia. I was wondering if u moved. Glad u made it safe and sound. You will get caught up with all your messages.

Anna

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Oh my goodness that is quite a story and you said you were going to leave it for another time---I wonder if there could be more to the story? :).. Congratulations to your daughter!!! and glad you made it safe and sound---the strange thing about stories like that is the more complex a situation can be makes for a funnier story down the road :)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Yes, Rosetta D, Alicia's moving story was funny. I hope that won't happen to me when it comes time for our move and we're just moving into an apartment. That is, if and when we get the house on the market and sold.